Friday, November 30, 2007

Ape Escape.

I recently had the opportunity to write and storyboard 2 two-minute shorts for a new show for the Nicktoons channel, "Ape Escape." It was both challenging and fun. Challenging because it was daunting to be given no parameters to start with and fun because once I decided on themes they kinda wrote themselves. The first short, "Clearin' the Pipes," involved a monkey-run plumbing company "repairing" some clogged pipes, while the second short, "Size Matters," involved the accidental shrinking of a monkey and the ensuing mayhem. Here are a couple snippets of the animatics for your viewing digestion.






2 comments:

Gordon Hammond said...

Hey Dave these are cool, I like the top one especially, looks like fun. Nice to be given a chance to show what you can do!

Dave said...

Thanks, we'll see how they come back. Its inevitable that they won't end up as I envisioned them, so I'm keeping my expectations low...